Depression is unfortunately a very common issue in modern society. Coping with life and all the things it always throws at you can just get too overwhelming at times. Many times there is a combination of emotions, thoughts and behaviours that are not being handled properly and could be exasperating your issue. A common example of this is unexpressed anger towards someone or something.
The good news is that if you allow yourself to open up with therapy, and give yourself the chance to dive into your own reasons and learn ways to manage them in a healthy way using theraputic techniques, you can overcome depression and capitalize yourself with knowledge and tools so that you are more prepared to prevent it in the future.
I commonly treat depression by using a combination of multiple theraputic methods including talk therapy, CBT and getting down to the root cause of the issue.
- Persistently sad or irritable mood
- Pronounced changes in sleep, appetite, and energy
- If you have difficulty thinking, concentrating, and remembering
- Physical slowing or agitation
- Presents lack of interest in pleasure from activities that were once enjoyed
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, hopelessness, and emptiness
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide with persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain