Quitting smoking once and for all is a process that involves coping with many difficult physical and emotional challenges. The good news? It can be done!
Here at Durham Counselling, I offer a combination of services to support your quit smoking success by working with your conscious and unconscious mind in an effort to retrain your brain and help you ditch the stick once and for all!
My treatment combines hypnotherapy, NLP techniques and counselling support.
According to Health Canada within 8 hours of quitting:
- Carbon monoxide levels drop, oxygen levels go back to normal.
- Within 48 hours of quitting: The chances of having a heart attack start decreasing, and the senses of taste and smell start improving.
- Within 72 hours of quitting: Bronchial tubes relax, which makes breathing easier, and lung capacity increases.
- Within 2 weeks to 3 months of quitting: Blood circulation gets better, and lung function improves by as much as 30%.
- Within 6 months of quitting: Coughing, tiredness, sinus congestion, and shortness of breath all improve.
- Within 1 year of quitting: The risk of heart attack due to smoking falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 10 years of quitting: The risk of dying from lung cancer falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 15 years of quitting: The risk of dying from a heart attack becomes the same as for someone who has never smoked.